Thursday, April 1, 2010

PORTRAITS!

this is my favorite portrait that i took. This is my little sister (Leela Poppy) and i absolutely love how it turned out. I love taking pictures of my little sister, because sometimes if the light hits her perfectly, it looks like she is radiating, and that the picture seems to be more painting-esque than a picture itself. this has only happened twice (including this time) but i hope it happens more often, because those are always my favorite photos.
i love how this photo turned out too. the only thing i wish i could have done is somehow got the railing not jutting out of her head by changing my angling. in class we started having a discussion about getting the people you are taking pictures of comfortable, and not to pose. this is what happened here, as the first few shots of my mom she was posing, but then my little sister walked up to us and my mom almost let her guard down, and the facial expressions/lighting (to me) turned out amazing.
with this portrait of my good friend (emily o.), i really wanted to work with the lighting with the faces. in this picture, i used a split lighting, but the only thing that kind of ruined it was her bangs fell over her eye, making it in the shadow.

overall, i think these portraits turned out really good, and i am very pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment